[Koha] Koha in South America: request for help (non-commercial, please)

Lenora Oftedahl OFTL at critfc.org
Tue May 5 04:51:08 NZST 2009

Received from website contact info:
*********************************
I am the current Volunteer Librarian at the Charles Darwin Research
Station, located on the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador. We are a non-profit
institution with very limited funding but we have an extensive and unique

collection of materials on natural history, conservation, and
biodeversity, including marine life. Our collection is approximately
10,000 items, including books, serials, archival collections, maps, and
photographs .

We are interested in using Koha as our new ILS. I have reviewed your
website and understand that you are using Koha for the CATalog of FISH
project.

If you don't mind, I would like to ask you a few questions about Koha and

the StreamNet Library:

1) I understand that you are hosting and maintaining Koha locally and not

relying on LibLimés hosting service. Have you found Koha to be
manageable as open source software?

The Charles Darwin Foundation for the Galapagos Islands (CDF) is an
international non-profit research organization dedicated to providing
scientific research, technical assistance and information to ensure
conservation success in Galapagos. To learn more about us, visit
www.darwinfoundation.org.

Please contact me if you need additional information. I can be reached by

email at dale.foster at fcdarwin.org.ec or on Skype at infographicsDF.  We
are wanting to make a decision very soon and so I look forward to your
reply. Your assistance is appreciated.

Dale Foster
Bibliotecario Voluntario / Volunteer Librarian
Fundación Charles Darwin / Charles Darwin Foundation (AISBL)
Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz
Galápagos, Ecuador
Tel. (593-5) 2526 146/147 ext. 118
dale.foster at fcdarwin.org.ec