[Koha] Cataloguing articles within serials

Nelson Fredsell -CCE nelson at cfce.org.za
Thu Mar 19 21:43:04 NZDT 2009

Thank you, Joy, for the detailed explanation.

A responding question I put to Verónica Lencinas in Argentina is whether I
would enter both a serial and its articles as main items.  To try and be
clear, a serial with 10 articles would then result in 11 main entries in the
ILS.  Would this confuse patrons?  However, I suspect it would be preferable
to do it this way as opposed to 1 main item with 10 entries in TOC 505
repeatable fields so that both Keyword *and* Subject fields could be used
for an article, and therefore more searchable by patrons.

Take care,
Nelson

Centre for Creative Education
Cape Town, South Africa