[Koha] item call numbers

Rachel Hollis Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu
Fri Mar 13 05:26:40 NZDT 2009

Assuming that itemcallnumber is the place for item call number configuration, if I wanted the items in our Koha 3 to pull call number information from biblio fields 082a and 050b, how would I set itemcallnumber? Conversely, if there is a better place to configure call numbers for items, what and where is it?

My library uses Dewey, an alpha numerical cutter and publication year for call numbers in its item records and on its material labels. Currently we have to edit item records for each of the three elements. If our call numbers could draw on the data already in biblio fields 082a and 050b, it would reduce our edits quite a bit.

Rachel Hollis, librarian
Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus