[Koha] Koha 2.2.9 fine script

Richard Azar razar at raton.com
Thu Mar 12 12:55:34 NZDT 2009

I am following in the footsteps of a contractor who is no longer
available.

The library is running Koha 2.2.9 on an Ubuntu virtual server in
Windows. When attempting to run either fines.pl or fines2.pl we receive
a database access error. The scripts are not sending the password to the
database. The same error occurs when we su and try the script.

Google searches have led to at least one other instance of this
behavior, but the person answering the man's query simply pointed out
that the script wasn't sending the password, he never said why. Google
searches of the scripts lead to statements that "this script probably
doesn't work on Koha 2."

Is there a fix or must I rewrite the script?

Richard Azar