[Koha] questions on record matching rules

Wagner, Jane jwagner at ptfs.com
Fri Mar 6 04:14:09 NZDT 2009

Following up on some listserv discussion in mid-February, I'm trying to
create some new record matching rules.  I'm having trouble figuring out
what to use for the "index" field.  The delivered ISBN & ISSN match
rules both use isbn as the index, but I've seen one other example where
ISSN uses issn as the index.  I also want to create rules for bib #
(999|a) and LCCN.  The only place I've found any index names anywhere is
in the NoZebraIndexes syspref.  If I use those names, it looks like 999
would be biblionumber (except that's spec'd as 999|c) and LCCN would be
lccn.  But we're using Zebra so those index names may be irrelevant
anyway.

Does the index name matter in the matching rule if we're using Zebra?

Thanks.

Jane Wagner
Library Systems Analyst
PTFS Inc.