[Koha] Collections in Koha 3.x

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Mar 5 03:40:58 NZDT 2009

> Collections. Can I group together a bunch of different item types into 1
> collection?

Yes--or you can group together a bunch of different collections into 1
item type!

> So The collection = Adult Fiction
> Items types:
> FM = Mystery Fiction
> FR= Romance Fiction
> FW=Western Fiction

Whereas we have item type = Circulating
...with collection codes:
M = Mystery Fiction
PB = Romance Fiction
W = Western Fiction

We chose to set one item type because each collection has the same
circulating rules.

> And if so, whereabout in Koha admin do I set up the collections, and decide
> which item types belong to which collection.

Collection codes are authorized values.

https://sites.google.com/a/liblime.com/koha-manual/Home/Table-of-Contents/administration/Manual--Catalog/Catalog--Authorized-Values

First you have to set up all the different codes. I'm not sure if your
MARC framework will have already had a 952 subfield configured to pull
from the ccode authorized value? Our 952$8 is tied to ccode.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries