[Koha] Re garding the Oracle/MySQl data import. Thanks. HELP!!

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Mar 4 12:18:47 NZDT 2009

Hi Todd,
On reflection I think you need to see if you can get someone to help with
your migration from Unicorn/Symphony.  The database toolkit you mention
below might be OK for migrating your own private database from Oracle to
Mysql but the Unicorn database tables and fields are completely different
from the Koha ones.  So I don't think there is much point in trying to
migrate that way.

The selcatalog options you found below are just specific options to get
particular MARC fields for a particular record.

I think you need to sit down with someone who understands getting data out
of Unicorn and who understands getting data into Koha.  Good candidates
might be on the "pay for support" pages or perhaps one of the upcoming Koha
enthusiasts that is more likely to also have recent advanced Unicorn
experience such as Jane Wagner (who recently posted).

I am happy to continue this discussion off-list but I think getting help
from someone close to your timezone would be your best bet.

Good luck for now.

Ian.