[Koha] Staging of import stalls

kmkale at anantcorp.com kmkale at anantcorp.com
Sun Mar 1 20:02:26 NZDT 2009

Ed,
I also had issues getting zebra working initially as we had most of the
biblios in Unicode Marathi.So while I was playing with zebra we used
nozebra to get the services off the ground and then switched to zebra once
we had solved the zebra search of Unicode Marathi.
1) Turn off noZebra from system preferences.
For testing Zebra you can run it from command line.
sudo -u ${KOHA_USER} zebrasrv -f /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
adjust the path to koha-conf.xml if different.
The first time I ran this it refused to run as it was not finding some
directories. I had to create those and change ownerships to koha user. I
forget exact paths but a look at the output will tell you.
Once its running, do your bulk import by staging and then importing. After
that in a separate terminal run misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -w

This should build your index and then you should be able to search from
opac & stff client.

2) Once you have the search going you can run the zebra server and
zebraqueue in daemon mode and have them start on system boot. Here is how
to do it on Ubuntu, adjust according to your OS.

sudo ln -s ${SCRIPT_DIR}/koha-zebra-ctl.sh /etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon
${SCRIPT_DIR} is /usr/share/koha/bin/ by default in a standard install.
sudo update-rc.d koha-zebra-daemon defaults
sudo /etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon start
Zebraqueue Daemon:
sudo ln -s ${SCRIPT_DIR}/koha-zebraqueue-ctl.sh
/etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon
sudo update-rc.d koha-zebraqueue-daemon defaults
sudo /etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon start

Thats it. the zebraqueue will take care of indexing any subsequent
additions you make. If you bulk import any more biblios run
rebiuld_zebra.pl again as zebraqueue is slower in indexing. Also run
rebuild_zebra.pl for your authorities.
The daemons will log in /var/log/koha/ Have a look at files in there if
something doesn't work out.
--
Regards,
Koustubha Kale

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes Naka,
Thane (w),
      	  	Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com