[Koha] bulkmarcimport.pl warning messages

Bob Ewart bob-ewart at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 30 07:11:12 NZST 2009

Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bob Ewart (2009/06/17 16:07 -0400):
>> I'm getting a slew of warnings on every book imported:
>> use of uninitialized value in pattern match ... C4/Biblio.pm line 2645
>> use of uninitialized vlaue in addition... C4/Biblio.pm line 2656
> [...]
>> Has anyone else seen this?
>
> Yes, with a debian unstable and except that a similar system (koha
> without zebra). According to a conversation on the chat these warnings
> ae binign. Perhaps a bit annoying, though, IMO.
>
> Sébastien.

I just installed 3.00.03 and turned off the warnings in Biblio.pm
temporarily.  I'm now seeing a bunch of duplicate barcode warnings.  In
converting from DBText for Libraries we have a number of items without
barcodes since they were not for loan.  I generated barcodes for them,
but my generation algorithm didn't guarantee uniqueness.

My point is that these warnings are not benign. They hide the real
warnings, like duplicate barcodes.  I also added a \r to the beginning
of the error message around line 211 to neaten up the output.

--
Bob