[Koha] MARC fields: server-independent URLs

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Wed Jun 24 05:06:25 NZST 2009

Sebastien,

That is where the Rewrite command comes in.  Check the Apache doc.

Doug

>>> Sébastien Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr> 6/23/2009 10:54 AM >>>
Hi Doug,

> then your librarians enter /libfiles/directory1/directory2/file1.txt

The point is that we _don't want_ our librarian to enter anything like
that. The idea is that it is the server which will decide where the file
are stored and generate the appropriate URL.
Typically, what will happen is that the genrated URLs will look
something like
http://www.server.org/files/download.pl?bok=1789&format=3&file=1

I am not sure whether I'm clear enough...

Cheers,
Sébastien.