[Koha] MARC import in Koha GUI

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Jun 22 10:18:19 NZST 2009

2009/6/22 Nelson Fredsell <nelson at cfce.org.za>:

> Dear Garry and Chris,
> Thank you both for taking the time to reply.  I have learned to 1) check the
> koha.org manual, 2) search previous postings to the newsgroup, and 3) search
> koha.org and liblime.com for additional juicy bits of information on my
> specific issues.  *Then* I post to the newsgroup.  I wish that the manual
> (new and improved!) would be more of a wiki.  Maybe there's plans for this
> already, as processes do seem to improve all the time.
>
> Having said this, Yes I did read the manual before posting, and No it did
> not provide enough details about the Record Matching Rules.  For example, In
> my earlier posting the answer was "Nelson, you should use index
> 'Local-Number'."  Do you know how many hours it took to elicit that one
> index term!?  So, then I experimented with Record Matching on 999c and it
> worked great! (I learned more about MarcEdit in the process, too.)  That is,
> until I needed to batch change a local Koha tag (952c).  So now it's back to
> the newsgroup, collective hours of time, for another tiny piece of
> information.  There's got to be a more efficient way of moving forward.

The best way, is when you discover the answers to your questions,
write them up on the wiki (wiki.koha.org)

Add to the faq there, or start a new page. The more you write up, the
less others will have to ask the same questions.

If you write it up, then email the list with a link to your write up,
and email nicole and she may be able to add it to the manual for you.

Chris