[Koha] Newbie problem: Can't establish connection to OPAC

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Tue Jun 16 05:51:09 NZST 2009

Hi David,

Review the settings in the apache configuration files.  Look in
/etc/koha/koha-httpd.conf, you should have two virtual hosts defined in
there.  As your staff client host is working but not the opac check the
ip address and port that are defined for the opac.  Also, look in
/etc/apache2 and make sure both ports are listed in the ports.conf file.
  If you are using the defaults this should have listen directives for
80 and 8080 in it.  All of these are the default files and ports for
koha.

Best,

Doug

Doug Dearden
Director, Information Technology
School for Advanced Research
(formerly School of American Research)
(505)954-7220
www.sarweb.org

>>> David Greenberg <dgreenberg at tep-wm.org> 6/12/2009 6:02:42 AM >>>
HI,

I finished installing koha last night and I can login to the admin
(8080) section just fine, but when I try to connect to the public side

on port 80 I get a browser error saying it can't establish a
connection to the server. Any thoughts on this? I hope there is an
easy solution; the installation was enough of an adventure. TIA.

David
David Greenberg
Director
Technology in Education Partnership of Western Massachusetts
Greenfield Community College Foundation
270 Main Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
t.: 413.624-5557
www.tep-wm.org

Please think of our forests before printing this e-mail. Thanks.