[Koha] Trouble circulating freshly imported records (Settign Peermanant Location?)

ed c terrapin44 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 02:38:14 NZST 2009

Hello All,

We have managed to bulk import a number of records and have created items during the import in our new Koha 3.0.2 install. However, when we try to circulate them, we get the following error:

Koha error
The following fatal error has occurred:

No branchcode argument to new.  Should be C4::Calendar->new(branchcode => $branchcode) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Circulation.pm line 2321

(followed by some systems info)

If we locate the bib record in "Manage Staged MARC Records" and then go and edit the item, changing nothing in the form, we do not get this error anymore. That's the good thing, the bad thing is this takes a lot of clicks and steps for each record. It looks like just the fact that we went in and saved the item, automatically populated a few fields including:

Source of classification or shelving scheme
Permanent location
Date last seen
Price effective from

The one that I'd guess is important is Permanent Location. I am not sure why this is not being set during the import. Current Location is being set during the import. Any ideas?

Edward