[Koha] Need help on Koha

ahtshun83 tony_ykt at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 16:17:59 NZST 2009

Hi Agnes,

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I will get a barcode device and try
out first & will seek for assistance if required.

About the email settings,i have configured fines.pl to run inside cron job.
my office mail server is not installed on the same server where Koha is
installed now.. However,i got email alert for book overdue...i just
wondering where is the configuration settings for email server...I
understand sendmail service is running. is this service used by koha ?

One more question which i could not figure out is the overdue book
fines.Here are the steps on how to configure a fine rule
1. Go to Administration -> Circulation & fines rules
2. I add a rule:
Patron Category: Student
Item type: book
Fine amount: $0.50
fine Grace period: empty
fine charging interval: 1 day
current checkout allowed: 1
loan period: empty

when i checked on one of the patrons information,there is no fine. May i
know what's wrong?

FYI:I am still doing testing on koha ..

Really appreciated your help..