[Koha] creating a new subscription for a journal with continuous numbering

Laurence Lefaucheur laurence.lefaucheur at biblibre.com
Thu Jun 11 23:21:48 NZST 2009

Hello,

Balcziunas, Adam a écrit :
> Hello,
>

> I am setting up serials subscriptions in Koha and have a question about
> creating the prediction pattern for a particular title. The /Journal of
> the American Statistical Association/ comes out quarterly and the volume
> changes every year.  However, the numbering is continuous. The copy I
> have in hand is Volume 104, Number 486. Can someone explain how to
> create a custom prediction for this title?

You can choose Numbering formula: Volume {X}, Number {Y}, {Z}
(Z if you want the year for instance)
Then you edit advanced pattern :

For X :
     Add  : 1
     once every : 4 (every 4 issues for a quarterly, as volume
changes every year)
     When more than  9999999
     inner counter
     Set back to     0
     Begins with 104

inner counter : if you begin with first issue of the year write nothing
or 0; if you begin with the second issue (april-june for instance),
inner counter = 1 (you say to koha to take into account already one
"received" issue, to calculate when the volume changes) ; ...

For Y :
     Add  : 1
     once every : 1 (for each received issue)
     When more than  9999999
     inner counter     :     same as for X
     Set back to     0
     Begins with 486

For Z :
     Add  : 1
     once every : 4
     When more than  9999999
     inner counter     :     same as for X
     Set back to     0
     Begins with 2009

You let "When more than 9999999" , "Set back to 0",as volume, number and
year increase continuously

Regards,

Laurence

--