[Koha] Koha authentication against existing LDAP directory

Ben Finney ben+koha at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jun 3 16:08:37 NZST 2009

Ben Finney <ben+koha at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> I ask because the instructions assume the existence of such a provileged
> account and instruct me to use those credentials in the configuration
> <URL:http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:ldap>.

If I try omitting the values for the username and password:

    <ldapserver …>
      …
      <user></user>
      <pass></pass>
      …
    </ldapserver>

I still get “Invalid username or password” when trying to log in. The
same happens if I omit the ‘user’ and ‘pass’ elements from that section
entirely.

> So, since you say that's not necessary, how do I get it working
> without that?

The question remains.

--
 \     “Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having |
  `\                                      a good time.” —laundry, Rome |