[Koha] Koha authentication against existing LDAP directory

Ben Finney ben+koha at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jun 3 15:31:03 NZST 2009

Mason James <mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com>
writes:

> > Ben Finney <ben+koha at benfinney.id.au> writes:
> >> How can I get authentication working with Koha like with other LDAP
> >> clients?
>
> >> In particular, without duplicating or storing privileged user
> >> credentials in the Koha configuration.
>
> well, this specifically is tricky - as koha expects some basic user
> records, as Joe stated...
> why not try to get a basic koha+LDAP system first, then aim for this
> advanced setup

Just to clarify, what is it you mean by “a basic Koha+LDAP system”?
Does it or does it not require use of a privileged LDAP user?

To me, “a basic Koha+LDAP system” would be one that uses the basic
LDAP authentication method (i.e. no privileged LDAP user required). But
I don't know if that's what you mean.

--
 \      “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his |
  `\   salary depends upon his not understanding it.” —Upton Sinclair, |