[Koha] Koha compliance with library standards

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:15:40 NZST 2009

> IS koha compliant to AACR,CCF standard. It is complaint with
> DublinCore,Z39.50client,MARC21 standards

These questions are nearly meaningless, but my interpretation is: no, no,
no, yes, yes.

> Is all the functionalities of Koha are exposed as web services.

No.  Critical functions, like crontabs, indexing and installation are
exclusive to the command-line.  Most of Koha is web based, but not
web-services underneath.

> Has anyone already have written webservice to access koha.

Yes.  Our European colleagues are implementing much of this.  Perhaps one of
them can update us on their progress.

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions