[Koha] Koha Digest, Vol 45, Issue 92

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:03:01 NZST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 1:37 AM, <sengitu at parliament.go.ug> wrote:

> Dear Members;
> I have a problem. Recently we upgraded our Koha catalogue to version 3.
> During
> the course of editing, we have met a challenge at one point and we can
> nolonger
> proceed. Some records indicating no call number can not be searched and be
> found
> except when one generates the Report through "Items with no checkouts" that
> we
> can see the records. For example, the following record can not be edited
> after
> generating it through reports:
>
> # 7082          No Call Number          Barcode  7149
>
> Title/ Auhor: Challenges and prospects for a new Nile water agreement :
> Ng&#700;wandu, Pius Yasebasi.
>
> The information one gets is as follows:
>
> An Error has Occurred!
> Error 404
>
>    * This error means that the link was broken and that the page doesn't
> exist
>    * To report this error, you can email the Koha Administrator.
>    * Use top menu bar to navigate to another part of Koha.
>
> What do I do?
>
> Simon J Engitu
> PArliament of Uganda

Examine your error logs for more information.

You can try to rebuild your indexes from scratch.  For example, using zebra:
rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -r

Given your description, we would expect this to fail.  So then check your
zebra error logs.  It sounds like you have encoding that is causing errors
some record(s) to be impossible to parse.  You may be able to determine more
by viewing the biblioitems.marcxml field on the mysql command line.

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions