[Koha] Marc framework test error

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed Jul 29 19:12:13 NZST 2009

Hi to all,

>So, I guess that MY QUESTION now is:
>
>Where does the "| Authority:PER, " in the "Constraints" part of
>Subfield "a" (Entry Element) come from?

This definition comes from english Unimarac setup of Koha.
Go to the file
  installer/data/mysql/en/marcflavour/unimarc/
mandatory/unimarc_framework_DEFAULT.sql
line 1362:
('700', 'a', 'Entry Element', 'Entry Element', 0, 0, '', 7, '',
'PER', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', NULL),

The string 'PER' is the link to authority for subfield 700$a

But in the english Koha definition of Unimarc Authority there isn't a
specific structure for Personal Name.
You can see this situation in the file
  installer/data/mysql/en/marcflavour/unimarc/
mandatory/authorities_normal_unimarc.sql

>The only way that I found to "shut up" this MARC Framework test error
>was to give the "Authority Type" for "Authors" the code "PER", as Joe
>suggests.
>My question is: is this intentional? Is there something hardcoded in
>Koha that forces this setup?

Well, in version 3.0.x the only place where the name of Authority is
hardcoded, as I know,
is in unimarc_framework_DEFAULT.sql (as I write above).
The suggestion of Joe is correct.

In fact the english setup of Unimarc has problems and  not only here,
also in Zebra defintions and in fields used for items
information.
I think that a general check of english unimarc setup is a must, also
to use it as a starting point for translation in different
languages.
But who want ot use Unimarc ?
Italy (I)
Portugal (Ricardo Dias Marques)
France (Biblibre, but the fr-FR section is correct I think)

Anybody else ?

Bye to all

PS: I'm on leave from 31/07 to 22/08 and from 23/08 to 30/08 I will
be in IFLA congress. So any pratical work will start from 01/09/2009

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)
tajoliAT_SPAM_no_prendiATcilea.it
(Indirizzo mascherato anti-spam; sostituisci quanto tra AT con @)