[Koha] Customization questions

Melisa Canales mcanales29 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 05:22:38 NZST 2009

Hello all,

I work at a university center with a collection consisting of mostly videos,
but we do have some texts and other things as well.  I believe I have gotten
Koha 3 into a functioning state and have gotten the data into decent shape
as well.  Our staff has several questions beyond basic functionality.

1.  How can I make our custom framework be the default selected framework
when adding a new record?

2.  Is is possible to hide items from the OPAC based on itemtype?  Do I have
to modify each biblio one by one via the OpacSuppression feature to
accomplish this?

3. Is there a way to limit the number of characters shown in the biblio
summary when doing a search in the staff side?  For example, if a biblio has
a really long summary, we only want to show the first 3 or 4 lines.

We are using Koha version 3.00.01.005.

Thanks,
Melisa Canales