[Koha] Hints on reconciliation branch

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Sat Jul 25 01:47:10 NZST 2009

Hi,
Release Maintainer for 3.0.x speaking.

I will be on holidays tonight for 2 weeks.
But you can see some progress about reconciliation branch on
koha-maintenance branch reconciliation.
Be warned that it is for testing purposes and should not be used in
production.
Moreover, update database has not been updated yet. This work is in
progress.
There is already some bases for that. But dbversion numbering has some
missing numbers.
And you should have some hints about that quite soon.

see http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha-maintenance.git;a=summary
for the code.

How can I test it ?
if you have a dev version :
git remote add maintenance git://git.koha.org/pub/scm/koha-maintenance.git
git fetch maintenance
git branch --track testing_3.0.2 remotes/maintenance/master
git checkout testing_3.0.2

for those who are using HEAD already,
either your version is 3.01.00.30 and you have nothing to do
OR
your version is before, and you may have to fix your kohaversion in your
database to set it to 3.00.01.00 so that updatedatabase can update your
database. You may have some duplicate warnings for all the
transformations which has already been made.

then login to intranet and updatedatabase will occur.
And test and file any bug to me personnaly.

What IS NOT in that version : Nothing from master and 3.0.x.

Comments and bug reports welcome.
Please, if you see some patches which have not made their way into that
branch and which you use, be so kind as to resend them to me
personnally. 3.0.x and koha master branch patches should all be there,
but maybe some patches sent on list are not integrated.

In the future, in order to be sure that patches can be smoothly
integrated, I suggest that vendors could open up chosen git branches so
that integration of patches can be more sure than simply making it via
emails. See git.biblibre.com to see biblibre exposed branches for koha :
master is our master branch
3.0.x is our 3.0.x branch
official_3.0.x is a copy of official/3.0.x
dom_wip is work in progress on dom configuration with git So highly
unstable.

If someone wants to test. It is the same thing as for koha-maintenance,
git remote add biblibre git://git.biblibre.com/koha-biblibre
git remote update
 you can rebase your branches over those remote branches, so that your
devs can be on top and you can format-patch and send those patches to me
for integration.

I'll be back on 10th, August but will participate in IRC meeting.

cheers.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT