[Koha] koha doubts

Sivasankari Muthuraja sivasankari.muthuraja at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 17:29:03 NZST 2009

1.how to configure to send mail when an item checkout/item checkin.
I'm able to send mail , when a patron account is created. - hence it shows
the mail functionality with my fedora linux machine/ with koha
But while i do checkout/checkin , the mail should be sent, if the specify 0
in the delay, will the mail will be sent on today's date.

2.In circulation configuration - my system preference has only 28 attribute
values to be changed , bu the liblime site has more features.(38 attribs).
IS This is due to multiple branch modes. I'm using koha version 3.0002012.
Is this addtional features available in latest versions greater tha 3.02.
So, that i can enable certain features during circulation

3.I have selected Marc21 frameworks on, and selected addition for custom
frameworks,
like books,kits,binders,audiovisual materials etc - to limit the entry of
marc21 contents - like book title,publisher,physical dimensions of book
etc.(Since i'm a novice user, and have no knowledge in MARC21 fomats.

I had added books successfully to it. But when i give a search - in a
catalog with blank text(With out entering anthing and doing a search), no
items are displayed.

Is there anything related with zebra, to have this feature enabled.
But if i give the keyword, the records are displayed , what may be problem
Wont koha accepts blank search(on click of go with search textbox being
blank), to display all the records. I saw some of the demo sites.
it worked well some times. some times, i have select the specific item type
to lists the available items in koha . But the catalog statistics in Report
link gives results 0. But the
stock/inventory management - shows the results of available books.

kindly help me out to resolve this issues

4..suppose if each item has by default 2 weeks of loan period,from the date
of checkout. -  Last day in end of 2 weeks, is the due date to return. how
to set the grace period for the extra days. How long i can set the grace
period. if the days to return crossed the grace period. hope the fine will
be levied. aftewards, the card will be debarred. Is this is a usual
mechanism in library. Let me know the details about this

-Sivasankari