[Koha] Overdue notices

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 09:36:59 NZST 2009

2009/7/17 Jesse <pianohacker at gmail.com>

> 2009/7/16 Wagner, Jane <jwagner at ptfs.com>
>
> There is a syspref AutoEmailPrimaryAddress (under Administration, system
>> preferences, patrons) which lets you specify which email field should be
>> used for notices -- email or emailpro.  However, so far as I know, Koha
>> doesn't have the ability to use both.  I think it would be a useful
>> enhancement to set it up so that if field A in email priority list is
>> empty, use address in field B.
>>
>> Jane Wagner
>> Library Systems Analyst
>> PTFS Inc.
>> Content Management and Library Solutions
>> 6400 Goldsboro Road, Suite 200
>> Bethesda, MD  20817
>> (301) 654-8088 x 151
>> jwagner at ptfs.com

It does.  Whatever you put in home email address gets used.

Otherwise, Koha should send notices to any available address (work if
>> no home address available, & vice versa.)
>>
>> At present, I believe we would have to copy work addresses into empty
>> home address fields to ensure that Notices are sent out.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Cab Vinton, Director
>> Sanbornton Public Library
>> Sanbornton, NH <http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha>
>>

> The overdue notices cronjob currently uses Koha's default behavior for
> sending notices: only check the email field, fail if that isn't present.
> Fixing this would benefit anything else in Koha that sends email.

AutoEmailPrimaryAddress only affects the notification from the initial
adding of a patron account.  It does not affect overdues.

Overdues email targeting is not a bug.  It is by design to accommodate the
European use of professional organizations as the alternate contact, since
when everybody at the library belongs to a smaller number of professional
organizations, it doesn't make sense to mailbomb the company admin with 100
overdue notices a day.

I think it is perfectly fine to use only the home address, as long as staff
users understand that's the one that matters.
--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions