[Koha] Request advice on setting up Z39.50 for catalogers

Suchetha Wijenayake suchetha at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:44:07 NZST 2009

no, they have the same records as everyone else.

very English.

but the library i am working with has a miniscule (<2000) number of books

one good thing about AMICUS is that they have taken the British
Library's records which are NOT marc and converted them to marc21 and
made them available via a z39.50 server.

i spoke to the BL and got a beta tester login to their beta z39.50
server which is not open to the public (they are still in the process
of deciding what way they should open it up) but will hopefully be
open by end Q3 this year

my advice would be to use amicus and see how it works out for you ..
spend extra oversight on the amicus records to see if they work right.
but as far as the library i'm working with is concerned, things are
good

Suchetha

--
Check my photo album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/suchetha

Rants Raves and Miscellaneous Musings:
http://raramimu.blogspot.com

Why do I smell brimstone? And what am I doing in this hand-basket?