[Koha] LDAP configuration in Koha3.0 on Linux

Ben Finney ben+koha at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 16 13:06:30 NZST 2009

Dobrica Pavlinusic <dpavlin at rot13.org>
writes:

> Idea is simple: instead of having single administrative user which can
> do LDAP compare to check password, we just bind as user who is trying
> to login.

Yes, this is the correct way to authenticate against an LDAP directory.
As you say, it requires no privileged access to the directory beyond
that granted to the authenticating user.

This normal behaviour (bind as authenticating user) is available in the
current development tree of Koha 3.x, and is not yet in any stable
release TTBOMK.

--
 \     Rommel: “Don't move, or I'll turn the key on this can of Spam!” |
  `\                               —The Goon Show, _Rommel's Treasure_ |