[Koha] KOHA - cataloging doubts

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 03:22:10 NZST 2009

> I have installed koha with (Unimarc). But in Admin - system preference - I
> have changed to MARC21 format. Will it work out.

No.  There is no MARC21/UNIMARC crosswalk capability.  You need to start out
with the correct marcflavour.  It affects everything else, like what MARC
Frameworks you have installed.  You probably should reinstall a new Koha w/
the correct format.

> I have set no zebra. since I'm not using millions of records. I'm doing a
> sample.

Zebra is still better, even if you only have 2 records.  Since you would be
reinstalling anyway, you might consider using zebra.  If it presents
difficulty to install it, then you can stick with nozebra.

>  How to do cataloging. How to add the books to the library. IS there any
> sample file provided. I'm a techie ,totally ignorant of library systems,
> isbn etc. I would like to add some 50 books to the library . How should i do
> it?

Please avoid crossposting on both the koha and koha-devel lists.  Pick one
or the other.

For your other basic usage questions, please refer to the manual:

http://koha.org/documentation/manual

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions