[Koha] LDAP Attributes

Roche III, Edward edward_roche at solanco.k12.pa.us
Wed Jul 8 08:18:07 NZST 2009

Good Afternoon All

I am playing with the idea of using LDAP for user authentication and to
use this feature to populate the Koha patron db. I know the patron db
will not be populated automatically only when a user logs in. So my
issue/question is that I can match up the usual LDAP fields with the
corresponding ones in KOha like , first name and last name. I can even
find one to use for Branch but I am having trouble finding one for
patron type. I do see in the instructions for ldap (
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:ldap) that there is a
"categorycode" field, is this the field for patron type or is there
another? If it is the field, does anyone know a field in LDAP/AD to use
to hold this information?

Thanks

Ed

Edward J. Roche

Network Administrator

Solanco School District

717.786.2151 x2437

"At the End of the Day, Did You Play to Win or Not to Lose?"