[Koha] to liblime

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Jul 6 19:14:50 NZST 2009

2009/7/6 Jonson philip <superjojo1000 at gmail.com>:
> hi
> yasterday some one asking
>
> ( asking about is it indexing records an error in koha 3.0 . 3.0.1  3.0.2
> 3.0.3 and will fixed in future versions i think any integrated system
> install with default indexing records not to run or set up supplement
> programme to make that ) any one of liblime profs have an answer becouse
> it's so important .....

Koha relies on lots of supplementary programs, Apache, Mysql, Perl ..
to name but a few. cron is not something new, it has been in linux and
unix and bsd and others for decades.

cron is used to schedule tasks to be run at a set time, in this
instance to run rebuild_zebra.pl, which updates zebra's indexes.
(Coincidentally zebra is another program Koha relies on.) cron is also
used to schedule things like the fines and overdue scripts.

I seriously suggest learning about cron if you wish to run a linux
server, it is used extensively by lots of programs that require tasks
to be run at certain times, like rotating logfiles, syncing clocks,
etc.

Chris