[Koha] Hide bibliographic records

Kathy Rippel kdr at ckls.org
Thu Jul 2 08:06:14 NZST 2009

I, too, think it would be nice to be able to suppress at the item
level, too. We have duplicate records in our catalog only because one
site needs to suppress and the other doesn't.

It would be nice to combine them on to one bib record, with some
suppressed in the OPAC and one not.

Kathy

OS-- Oh, yeah, and it would REALLY be great if there was a flag in
the staff module to alert staff that a certain record is suppressed!
That would save staff telling patrons, "It's right there in the
catalog, I'm looking at the record right here." (While they are using
the staff module!)

Kathy

At 08:45 AM 7/1/2009, Galen Charlton wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 5:04 AM, MJ Ray<mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > "Michael Leung (SIL)" <ykleung7 at msn.com> wrote:
> >> Is it possible to set a bibliographic record(s) that only show to the user
> >> who has login to the OPAC. That means this bibliographic record
> would not be
> >> shown in OPAC for general user or guest who is not the patron of the
> >> library.
> >
> > As I understand it, OpacSupression does this for the whole catalogue,
> > but it isn't yet possible for individual records.  I am interested in
> > adding such a feature, as well as restricting records to particular
> > patron categories.  Would many people be interested in this?
>
>To clarify, turning on the OpacSupression syspref enables the
>capability to suppress OPAC display of individual records.  To
>actually suppress a particular bib record, it's still necessary to set
>the 942$n subfield to 1 (if you're using the MARC21 frameworks).
>
>Enhancing the OPAC suppression feature so that you can specify that
>certain records are to be visible only if the user is logged on to the
>OPAC belongs to particular patron category would be useful
>developments.
>
>Regards,
>
>Galen
>--
>Galen Charlton
>VP, Research & Development, LibLime
>galen.charlton at liblime.com
>p: 1-888-564-2457 x709
>skype: gmcharlt

Kathleen D. Rippel
Dept. Head/Consultant--Resource Sharing and Access ;
Pathfinder Central (Manager)
Central Kansas Library System
1409 Williams
Great Bend, KS 67530

(620-792-4865) phone
(800-362-2642) toll-free, KS
(620-792-5495) fax

kdr at ckls.org
I'm currently reading: The Myriad: Tour of the Merrimack #1, by R. M. Meluch.
I'm currently listening to: Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer.