[Koha] Hello world :-)

Wagner, Jane jwagner at ptfs.com
Sat Jan 31 07:41:29 NZDT 2009

As I just posted to the developer list, I have been subscribed to the
various Koha lists for some time, since I joined PTFS.  I haven't posted
anything yet because I am still learning the system.  I thought it would
be a courtesy to do my homework before posting newbie questions (but I
will send some of those soon).  However, I certainly plan to actively
participate in the community, as do our developers.

I have 20 years' experience in the ILS world, 13 of them as a Sirsi
system administrator and programmer at the U.S. Courts, NASA, and
University of Virginia Health Sciences Library.  Several of you already
know me from that environment.  From my years in the Sirsi world, I know
how valuable a resource a good user/developer community can be, and I
look forward to building some good friendships with you.  When I was a
brand-new Sirsi admin, I got a lot of help from the older sites, and I
have always tried to pay that debt forward by helping other sites in
turn.  I think personal relationships will be even more valuable in the
open source world than in the vendor world.

I look forward to a lot of good conversations with all of you.

Jane Wagner
Library Systems Analyst
PTFS Inc.
6400 Goldsboro Road, Suite 200