[Koha] regarding koha3.00.00 installation on ubuntu8.10

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed Jan 28 23:04:07 NZDT 2009

Hi to all,

At 09.37 28/01/2009, arun kumar wrote:

>while installing koha3.00.00 on ubuntu 8.10 . Yaz   is missing .and
>i have try  to  install through systamatic package manager also  but
>it is not installed .it shows error

if you want to install ubuntu 8.10 [in particular for test on a local
hardware],
read this: http://www.blazingmoon.org/guides/k3-on-u810-1.html

In particular about Yaz: http://www.blazingmoon.org/guides/k3-on-u810-5.html
To install Yaz you need to use Index Data repositories and to use apt-get

If you want to do a more stable installation, use ubunutu 8.04, LTS
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=koha_3_install_guide_ubuntu_hardy

I have done a test installation with ubuntu 8.10 and I can use perl 5.10.
But for production I suggest to use perl 5.8

Bye

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)
tajoliAT_SPAM_no_prendiATcilea.it