[Koha] OPAC templates question

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Jan 21 12:38:29 NZDT 2009

>> In Koha 3 on the template koha/opac-search.pl, is there an easy way to
>> have the $n and $p of the 245 display on the hit list?
>
> I think what you are trying to do can be accomplished using the staff
> client and chaning the values in the 245 n and p subfields "hidden"
> attribute.

I don't think this is correct. If you have the XSLTResultsDisplay
system preference off the search results are generated by a script,
and the fields it returns are hardcoded. If you have
XSLTResultsDisplay ON the information on the search results screen is
controlled by the xsl template.

Sharon, it looks like your OPAC detail page is using the XSLT
formatting option, so I assume the search results screen is as well.
If this is the case it is theoretically possible for someone to edit
the xsl template to add those fields. What I don't know is how
difficult that would be or whether it's possible for you to do in your
setup (do you have access to them?).

The staff client is a different story because the staff client search
results are hard-coded (with no XSLT option yet). You'd have to modify
the script itself to alter the output.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer