[Koha] item call number woes

Huck dhuckaby at hvja.org
Tue Jan 20 08:12:19 NZDT 2009

itemcallnumber:
I've set the appropriate Cataloguing -> System Pref to map to 924k where
they were stored on the 2.xx system that these MARC records were
imported from...

do I need to run the 'rebuild_nozebra.pl' script again?
I read on the wiki(pasted below)...the changes to Koha 3...but while it
points out the changes..it doesn't really suggest a fix...unless the
'plugin marc21_callnumber.pl' is the fix..and if so..there is no link to
it..and it is not found in the build directory for koha or the
installation directories..

Please advise?
Thanks,

--Huck

from the wiki:

  Call Numbers in Koha 3

    How Call Numbers are Handled in Koha 3

    What has changed

Koha 3 adds the following fields to the database (cn stands for Call
Number):

    *
      biblioitems.cn_source ( auth value, CN_SOURCE, stores the source
      of the call number: DDC, LCC, NLM, etc.)
    *
      biblioitems.cn_class ( plugin, marc21_callnumber.pl, helps fill in
      the rest of the biblio-level fields)
    *
      biblioitems.cn_item
    *
      biblioitems.cn_suffix
    *
      biblioitems.cn_sort ( for zebra sorting, stored as a decimal number)
    *
      items.cn_source ( auth value, CN_SOURCE, stores DDC, LCC, NLM, etc.)
    *
      items.itemcallnumber ( plugin, marc21_itemcallnumber.pl, helps
      fill in the itemcallnumber based on the record data )
    *
      items.cn_sort ( for zebra sorting, stored as a decimal number)
    *
      items.ccode ( auth value, CCODE, stores the Collection Code of the
      item, can be used as call number prefix by some libraries )

This scheme gives us the ability to sort by both record-level and
item-level call numbers; it gives us the ability to define sources of
call numbers at both record and item levels.

With the new scheme, we have removed the following from the database:

    *
      items.cutterextra
    *
      biblioitems.classification