[Koha] orders in acquisitions

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Jan 14 11:24:36 NZDT 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Mason James
<mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com> wrote:
> off the top of my head - a change to the JS Check() function in
> aqorder.tmpl...
>
> and change the new req_field colors to red, so your staff know ;)
Note that if you do it that way, you'll have to remember to make that
change every time you upgrade, as your change won't be preserved upon
upgrade. There's a tradeoff to be had between doing something fast and
dirty (but that will leave you in an un-upgradable state) and doing
something 'the right way', submitting it to the community as a
feature. In this case, I'd recommend a mechanism that allows you to
specify which fields for orders should be marked as mandatory (we have
a similar feature for patron fields for instance).

Cheers,

Josh

> On 2009/01/14, at 10:46 AM, Rachel Hollis wrote:
>
>> Greetings friends, when creating an order record is it possible for
>> ISBN, Vendor Price and Purchase Order to be required fields? What
>> do I need to do to make this happen?
>>
>> We're working with:
>> Koha version: 3.01.00.001
>> OS version: Linux library 2.6.18-6-686 #1 SMP Fri Jun 6 22:22:11
>> UTC 2008
>> i686 GNU/Linux
>> Perl version: 5.008008
>> MySQL version: mysql Ver 14.12
>> Apache version: Server version: Apache/2.2.3
>> Zebra version: Zebra 2.0.32
>>
>> Rachel Hollis, librarian
>> Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus
>>

>> This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain
>> privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you
>> have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and
>> delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support