[Koha] missing file -

Jesse Weaver jesse.weaver at liblime.com
Tue Jan 13 10:04:43 NZDT 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Carmel Young <carmely.cunima at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> Koha 3.0.0 on Debian
>
> Koha 3.0.0 has been loaded (witht the help of a good friend), but when
> we were trying to change the IP addresses, we hit the following
> problem.   When going to the root terminal, and tying in the following
> command:
> koha: # cd/etc/apache2/sites-available , then # vim koha, we get the
> following message
>
> E325: ATTENTION
> Found a swap file by the name "/etc/koha/.koha-httpd.conf.swp"
>          owned by: root   dated: Thu Jan  8 14:46:11 2009
>         file name: /etc/apache2/sites-available/koha
>          modified: YES
>         user name: root   host name: koha
>        process ID: 4582
> While opening file "koha"
>             dated: Fri Jan  9 15:03:18 2009
>      NEWER than swap file!
>
> (1) Another program may be editing the same file.
>    If this is the case, be careful not to end up with two
>    different instances of the same file when making changes.
>    Quit, or continue with caution.
>
> (2) An edit session for this file crashed.
>    If this is the case, use ":recover" or "vim -r koha"
>    to recover the changes (see ":help recovery").
>    If you did this already, delete the swap file
> "/etc/koha/.koha-httpd.conf.sw
> p"
>    to avoid this message.
>
> -- More --
>
> The other thing that happens is when we start up the OS, we get
> notification that a file has failed.(the apache2 conf file)
>
> We have tried "vim -r koha" but this did not help.
>
> Any suggestions, please???
> Carmel Young
> Catholic Universtiy of Malawi

All this means is that when you were previously editing this file, something
happened and the file was not saved correctly. Since the file itself is
newer than Vim's changes ("NEWER than swap file!"), just hit the Spacebar
until it gives you a choice of options, then hit D then Enter to delete the
swap file.

--
Jesse Weaver
Software Developer, LibLime