[Koha] error when adding MARC Record

Jeffrey LePage jeffrey_lepage at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 06:50:34 NZDT 2009

I got an error when attempting to add a MARC record and I need to find a resolution.

Here's the scenario:

1) From the "Add Marc Record" page, click on Z39.50 search.  Right now I have only one server set: LIBRARY OF CONGRESS [z3950.loc.gov]
2) enter an ISBN-13 = 789780061208461
3) the search is successful and returns "Dirt on my shirt", by Jeff Foxworthy.
4) Click on "import" on the Z39.50 popup.
5) import is successful and most MARC fields are populated.  Notably, tag  003 - CONTROL NUMBER IDENTIFIER is NOT populated.
6) When I click 'save', the string 'OSt' is inserted into the input text field for tag 003, and a javascript alert box pops up with the message:"Can't save this record because the following field aren't filled: * tag 003 subfield 0 control field in tab 0"

How do I fix this?