[Koha] record matching rules

Kohn, Karen kohnk at arcadia.edu
Thu Jan 8 07:53:21 NZDT 2009

I sent this before the holidays and didn't get any responses.  I'm
hoping more people are following the listserv now than were in December,
and maybe I'll get a response this time.

Thanks.

Hello,

Could someone help me get the record matching rules set up?  I can't
find instructions in the documentation, and the ones that are in there
already don't seem to work.  We usually use the OCLC accession number as
match points, so I tried this (basically a guess):

Description - OCLC control number

Threshold - 1000

Search index: o

Score: 1000

Tag: 020

Subfield: a

Offset: 0

Length: 9

I also tried making the offset "ocm" since that is the prefix before the
OCLC number, which is 9 digits.

These were total guesses, but I wanted to at least show you what I'd
tried!

Thanks.

Karen Kohn

Collection Development Manager