[Koha] Glitches, thoughts and potential bugs when adding orders in Koha 3.0

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Sat Jan 3 13:19:34 NZDT 2009

>>> Why not in those instances just make adding the barcode the last thing
>>> you do on the form?
>>
>> Unfortunately this solution only works if you've only got one barcode
>> entry field. I know some libraries are scanning the library card both
>> under card number and something else--opac login maybe?
>
> Doesn't the library need to programme each barcode reader to send an "enter"
> command? That should mean that they can control the behaviour?

That's true, but since the most often-used function of a barcode
scanner will be for checkouts and check-ins it's not practical to
eliminate the "enter" from the scanner. Even our catalogers spend a
fair amount of time checking in items since they help fulfill reserves
on newly-arrived items.

I hope I'm not coming off as being argumentative here, I'm just trying
lay out the pros and cons.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer