[Koha] Glitches, thoughts and potential bugs when adding orders in Koha 3.0

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 03:58:04 NZDT 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 7:29 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> "Owen Leonard" <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
> > > _2. Saving with the Enter._
> >
> > I'm not sure this would be a universally accepted change. Would anyone
> > else care to give their opinion?
>
> I'm not sure - isn't submit-on-enter usual for web apps?

Sorta.  It is common for web forms except where:

   1. textarea input might include line breaks as valid (for example this
   gmail interface I'm using right now), or
   2. multiple submit buttons allow different options, or
   3. premature submission is particularly undesirable (large edits,
   generation of content, credit card transactions, etc).

Some browsers implement "submit on enter" behavior when focus is in a given
form where others do not.  I assume the way around this is via YUI and
explicitly defined behavior where desired.

--Joe