[Koha] LDAP Not Replicating to Koha DB?

Barry Cannon bc at interleaf.ie
Sat Feb 14 06:14:30 NZDT 2009

Thanks to James I have managed to get Koha authenticating against LDAP.
However, I can't get Koha to replicate the LDAP users across. Below is a
copy of my koha-conf.xml section for LDAP. As you can see replication
and updates are turned on. I removed some of the mappings to try and
create some default entries but still nothing comes across.  The LDAP
user can login fine but their Patron record is black via OPAC and there
are no updates made at all to the Koha database.

Suggestions would be great!

<useldapserver>1</useldapserver>

 <ldapserver id="ldapserver" listenref="ldapserver">

    <hostname>172.16.0.23:389</hostname>

    <base>OU=Staff,DC=YCompany,DC=ie</base>

    <user>CN=barry,OU=Staff,DC=YCompany,DC=ie</user>  <!-- DN, if not
anonymous -->

    <pass>letmein</pass><!-- password, if not anonymous -->

    <replicate>1</replicate>   <!-- add new users from LDAP to Koha
database -->

    <update>1</update>         <!-- update existing users in Koha
database -->

    <mapping>                  <!-- match koha SQL field names to your
LDAP record field names -->

      <cardnumber is="">12345</cardnumber>

      <firstname is="">John</firstname>

      <surname is="">Doe</surname>

      <!--<address is=""></address>-->

      <city is="">CITY</city>

      <!--<zipcode is=""></zipcode>-->

      <branchcode is="">MAIN</branchcode>

      <userid is="samAccountName"></userid>

      <password is=""></password>

      <!--<email is="mail"></email>-->

      <categorycode is="employeetype">PT</categorycode>

      <!--<phone is=""></phone>-->

    </mapping>

</ldapserver>

Regards