[Koha] importing mrc records

Laura Johnson lauraj at tcoek12.org
Wed Feb 11 17:36:47 NZDT 2009

Hello, I seem to be having a little trouble sending this email. Please
confirm that you received this email. I am wondering if something is wrong
with my email server at the office. Thank you!

Hello Nicole,

Thanks for giving me the information. After a little research, I realized
that my records are in Marc21,(see sample below) and I have installed Koha
using the Unimarc system.

=LDR  00733ngm  2200169   4500

=005  20030703081938.0

=007  vuucuuuuu

=008  991123s1989\\\\\\\030

=050  \\$bVC3193$c0 <file:///\\$bVC3193$c0>

=245  \\$aReading <file:///\\$aReading>  Rainbow: Dinosaur Bob and His
Adventures With The Family Lazardo$hVC =260  \\$bGPN$c1989
<file:///\\$bGPN$c1989>  =300  \\$a30$bcol$e1 <file:///\\$a30$bcol$e1>  =520
\\$aTells <file:///\\$aTells>  the story of how the Lazardo family befriends
a baseball playing dinosuar while on safari in Africa. Levar visits the
Oakland Athletics' spring training camp in Phoenix, Arizona, where he picks
up baseball tips from the pros. =521  \\$aPrimary <file:///\\$aPrimary>
=650  \\$aPHYSICAL <file:///\\$aPHYSICAL>  EDUCATION =650  \\$aLANGUAGE
<file:///\\$aLANGUAGE>  AND LITERATURE-CHILDREN'S LITERATURE =999
\\$pVC319301$cMain <file:///\\$pVC319301$cMain>
Library$k01$r0.00$a01/01/1980$b12/31/2022$yVC3193

What is the best procedure to fix this issue? I have installed MarcEdit to
help convert the data.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Laura