[Koha] Unhiding subfields in a MARC framework

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:31:30 NZDT 2009

2009/2/8 Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org>

> > Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote: [...must click the...]
> >> name to expand it. In the "Tag 942 Subfield Constraints" form under
> >> "Advanced constraints" it has hidden:0 which seems correct based on
> >> the online help:
> >>
> >>  0 => OPAC Intranet Editor !Collapsed
> >>
> >> But it is collapsed in the editor. Am I doing something wrong or is this
> a bug?
>
> The steps to find this particular edit screen:
>
> - Administration > MARC Bibliographic Framework
> - Click the "MARC Structure" link for the framework to edit
> - Click the "Subfields" link for the tag to edit
> - Click the "Edit Subfields" button at the bottom of the page
> - Click the tab for the subfield to edit
> - Click the "display more constraints" link to reveal the advanced
> constraints
>
> The relevant field is "hidden (see online help)"
>
> > It seems like you want the second test to be (the value is empty and
> > (the subfield isn't mandatory or the hidden flag says to show it)).
> > Is that right?
>
> That sounds right.
>
> > More generally, anyone know why we are using magic numbers instead of
> > a select for hidden in the framework editor?
>
> You mean a dropdown that lists all the details in the help file?
>
> -2 => OPAC !Intranet Editor !Collapsed
> -1 => OPAC Intranet Editor Collapsed
> 0 => OPAC Intranet Editor !Collapsed
> 1 => !OPAC Intranet Editor Collapsed
> 2 => !OPAC !Intranet Editor !Collapsed
> ...etc.
>
> That would make the whole process slightly easier.
>
>  -- Owen
>
> --
> Web Developer
> Athens County Public Libraries
> http://www.myacpl.org

What about checkboxes? Transforming four checkboxes into the magic number
required by the rest of Koha shouldn't be too hard, and it would eliminate
needing half a page of help for something that really doesn't need to be
that complex.

In fact, once I get my local development copy of Koha back up (within the
next week), I'd be happy to submit a patch.
--
Jesse Weaver