[Koha] A question about Accessibility

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Feb 4 01:50:32 NZDT 2009

"Dennis Begany" <dbegany at humancentereddesign.org> wrote:
> I am new to KOHA.  My organization is looking into this ILS as we are a
> non-profit.  One of our biggest concerns is that can KOHA, or will it in the
> near future, be accessible to visually impaired folks???

I believe it's already 90% there on OPAC and could reach 100% with
some investment in templating and a little development work to get rid
of the remaining places where Koha generates untemplated html.

I think the librarian interface is a whole other kettle of fish and
would require quite a bit of work.

Probably people with worse visual impairments than me (I'm only
short-sighted and oversensitive to brightness) can comment more
usefully.  I'd love to have some structured test reports to work from.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef).  LMS developer and supporter for a small, friendly