[Koha] Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' koha 2.2.9 setup

Marty ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 14:07:48 NZDT 2009

I am making my own life miserable.... While installing koha 3 I accidentally somehow deleted koha 2.2.9 (Yes, yes, stupid, I know, luckily it's not the production server yet)
So, I thought, big deal, I reinstall it (for the sake of updating from there to koha 3) but I keep getting this:

Creating the MySQL database for Koha...

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

DBI connect('Koha:localhost','kohaadmin',...) failed: Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 411
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 1553.
Problem updating database...

I do have the password, I can login to mysql
debian:/home/marty/koha-2.2.9# mysql -u kohaadmin -p
Enter password:

So where do I enter the password? Or what could be wrong?
I had Koha 2.2.9 running fine until I screwed up....

Marty