[Koha] Subject: Contributing- computer reservation

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 05:41:52 NZDT 2009

I've been off the mailing list for a little while, and just heard about this
little discussion.

I'd like to throw the PC reservations system I wrote, Powerline (
http://code.google.com/p/powerline/) into the mix. It has most of the
administration capabilities Greg mentioned and basic integration with Koha,
and has been running at our library on a Linux server since last August. We
originally developed it because we were unsatisfied with Pre-book, the first
one we tried (due to a clumsy reservation process and confusing
administration interface).

While we currently use the Pre-book Windows client on the individual patron
computers, I have been working on a Linux client (which should be trivial to
port to Windows), and it should be available in rough beta by Valentine's
Day.

Any help with development on it would be much appreciated, of course!

--
Jesse Weaver