[Koha] overdue e-mail notice triggers

Agnes Rivers-Moore arm at hanover.ca
Thu Dec 31 14:22:40 NZDT 2009

Hi Nelson

I am not sure whether it is a good idea to use both the default and the
branch specific settings.

Here is our experience:
I have helped set up six separate Koha systems, version 3.00.00.107
Of those libraries, three were single sites, three were multi-branch.

We found that default rules for overdue notices do not work, even for
the single site libraries. We had to set up the rules for each specified
branch that you want to get overdues for, and delete any rules that are
set at the default level. It was difficult to delete some of those rules
so we had to do this using SQL to clear the table rows that had no
specified branch code.

This had us scratching our heads for a while. I do not know whether the
default rules work in later versions.

Another word of warning- do not set up Enhanced Messaging - the manual
says this is experimental, and we found that it breaks other email
notices if not set up correctly with a working SMS driver.

Hope this helps,
Agnes

--

Agnes Rivers-Moore