[Koha] "Place Hold" in OPAC

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Mon Dec 21 21:17:22 NZDT 2009

In the catalog viewed by patrons, some of our Koha records for
electronic books display "Place Hold" in the Action category and some
of them do not.

See the following search results for an example:
<http://man.waldo.kohalibrary.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=NETLIBRARY+digital+business>

The MARC fields are different for these records as some were loaded
recently and some were migrated from Voyager.

The record for "Doing business in a digital world" is an example of a
book that shows the "Place Hold" action, and for an example of a
record that does not show the "Place Hold" as an available action,
see: "Architectural issues of Web-enabled electronic business".

Since we have no way for patrons to place holds on ebooks from Koha,
it would be good if the records for ebooks didn't have this option
displayed.

What MARC field/subfield data is used to deterimine whether the "Place
Hold" action is or is not available for a particular record?

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist
stacy.pober at manhattan.edu