[Koha] Searching for books with cell phones

Pablo A. Bianchi pbianchi at fi.uba.ar
Sun Dec 20 16:23:21 NZDT 2009

I was looking at this article about Koha on
Android<http://www.biblibre.com/content/koha-android?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BiblibreBlog+%28BibLibre+blog%29>(using
a barcode
reader <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode_reader#Camera-Based_Readers>application).

Some cell apps like Point & Find <http://pointandfind.nokia.com/> (for
Nokia) or Snap & Tell <http://www.snaptell.com/> (for iPhone) can read any
book cover or ISBN barcode and automatically search for it on Amazon and
other stores (even I hear that also, if you have GPS, give you some address
of stores where near you where you can buy it).

I wonder if someone tried to add the URL of a Koha OPAC to the list of
places where this apps search for books, or if exist an application to
search which libraries (instead of stores) near my
location<http://lists.koha.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2009-November/010390.html>have
the searched material (or at least search on a given OPAC).

Cheers,
--
Pablo