[Koha] [Koha-devel] koha 3.0.4 biblio records

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Dec 18 02:22:49 NZDT 2009

Zico <mailzico at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Bob Birchall @ Calyx <bob at calyx.net.au>wrote:
> > Nonetheless, that is not the cause of the problem.  The problem does not
> > occur in fresh installs, it seems to only occur where a data base has been
> > upgraded from an earlier version.
> > So does that suggest that a data element has been lost in the upgrade?  If
> > so, why is the problem only in the OPAC?
> > It needs a bit of research to identify the exact circumstance.  I won't be
> > able to do that until after Christmas.
>
> Thanks Bob! I think, "z" is working! But, the point is: after deletion one
> record, it shows in searching and if i click on that.... the Error 404 comes
> with:
>
>   An Error has Occurred! Error 404

404 means Not Found, which is what we'd expect for a deleted item.
The error isn't brilliantly clear, but it's expected behaviour.

What isn't expected is it showing up in searching.  That means it's
not being deleted from zebra.  I suspect "z" isn't working.  Increase
debugging, try the deletion and search the databases (MySQL and
Zebra) for the item after each step.  I think the zebraqueue and
items tables are the most interesting, but maybe biblio too.

Many thanks to Bob for offering the research after Christmas.
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software